At Salish Cancer Center we use the unique genetic mutations of your cancer to choose the most effective and appropriate treatment personalized to you specific state of disease.
About Salish Cancer Center
Salish Cancer Center is the culmination of a vision by the Puyallup Native American Tribe to offer health and hope to all people afflicted with cancer and the drive of a values-oriented clinical team dedicated to the creation of a world class cancer center that would serve as a role model for the future of oncology care.
- Our approach at Salish is to offer the most highly respected, evidence-based conventional treatment to our patients in an atmosphere that also supports peoples’ choices in complimentary medicine.
- Our integrative care includes naturopathic medicine focusing on therapeutic nutrition, diet and herbal medicine, acupuncture and traditional Native spiritual healing. All methodologies are utilized to balance body, mind, emotions and spirit to restore wellbeing.
- Many people of both Tribal and non-Tribal origin gravitate to this type of healing and prefer to treat their disease more “naturally” while others are unaware of the benefits or options offered by non-conventional medicine.
- We have created a new model of care that addresses the holistic nature of this disease within people. Ultimately, our aim is to transform people touched by cancer through a sustainable, precise and integrative approach to healing and wellness.
Salish Cancer Center Facts
- Since opening its doors to patients on April 13, 2015, the Salish Cancer Center has been treating cancer patients of both Tribal and non-Tribal origin with approximately 80% being non-Tribal.
- Our team of doctors, nurses and pharmacy staff are all oncology certified, greatly exceeding the American College of Surgeon’s guidelines. The goal is to create the most educated team of practitioners for the safety and wellbeing of both our patients and organization.
- Our patient base has grown exponentially since opening, which has been 100 percent through word-of-mouth advertising, serving people throughout the entire Pacific Northwest region and into Idaho who are interested in our integrative model of care.
Our visionary team is dedicated to offering services and education to serve the unmet needs of our community, as well as to the cancer community at-large.
- We are currently working on unique research opportunities to advance knowledge and provide more options for our patients.
- A Survivorship Program for patients diagnosed with cancer, but who are no longer in active treatment, is in development and is poised to serve as the first formalized Integrative Survivorship Program in the Northwest.
- Our state of the art facility will be home to educational classes in nutrition, cooking, social support, exercise and spiritual healing to more completely address important aspects of wellness.
- To provide the highest level of safety and protection to our patients and staff, our pharmacy is slated for remodel to meet the latest set of government directed guidelines for pharmacies that dispense anti-cancer agents.