Join our team and become part of a passionate commitment to the loving care of our patients and the every day fight against cancer. Discover the inspiring possibilities at Salish Cancer Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide navigation for newly diagnosed patients, including complete workup orders, intake assessments, clinical introductions, and schedule coordination.
• Complete triage assessments and provide plans of care to assigned providers for approval.
• Enact plans of care for patients with provider approval, including prescription fills, diagnostic imaging and testing orders, coordination of treatments, and outside referrals.
• Initiate diagnostic tests, administer medications and treatments, and perform special tests such as ECG in accordance with nursing standard.
• Prepare clinic equipment and assist physicians for in-office procedures.
• Provide backup assistance for lab draws, non-chemotherapy infusions, and other clinical tasks as needed.
• Develop and maintain a process for timely authorizations of in-house chemotherapy infusions, injections, and all other treatments.
• Oversee the delivery of patient care services provided by the medical assistants.
• Supervise the medical assistants, including handling staffing, training, and performance reviews.
• Develop and maintain processes to improve patient experience, clinical operations, and staff roles within the medical assistant department, and with the other clinical staff.
• Assist in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic.
• Handle in-person, written, and phone requests for information and advice.
• Provide on-site nursing care education to oncology patients and their families, perform other health education activities as assigned.
• Participate in professional development and community awareness activities.
• Develop and provide ongoing competency assessment and training for the MA staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Three (3) years of professional nursing experience in oncology required. Three (3) years of experience with chemotherapy authorizations required. Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in WA State and certified in oncology, or eligible to be certified within six (6) months of hire. BLS certification required. Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health records/practice management systems required. One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
Close date: August 29, 2018
Learn more »
A Salish Cancer Center (SCC) employment application (see below) must be completed and submitted for each position applied for by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. SCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native hiring preference according to law. Continuous recruitments for which a closing date is not listed may close at any time. Positions may be added or deleted at any time. All listed positions require applicants to acknowledge and sign a background check. For application forms and information on job openings, please contact:
Salish Cancer Center
Human Resources Department
3700 Pacific Hwy East, STE 100
Fife, WA 98424
Phone: (253) 382-6300
Fax: (253) 382-6301
Please download, complete, and return this Employment Application.
Due to the large number of applications that may be received, not everyone who applies for a vacant position will be contacted or interviewed. Only those applicants who have been interviewed will receive notification when the position is filled or closed. SCC is a non-profit organization.