Financial Assistance for Salish Cancer Center Patients
Your frequently asked questions about your options for help paying for your care.
We understand that finances are a difficult topic and we do everything we can to provide support for each patient. We are continually assessing how we can assist our patients with financial concerns to meet ever increasing needs related to paying for treatment.
Q: Does Salish Cancer Center offer Financial Assistance for patients?
A: Salish Cancer Center works to reduce financial burden for patients in as many ways as we can. The financial assistance we can offer can come in the form of directing patients to grants and foundations to which they can apply, submitting some applications on behalf of patients, requesting financial assistance from some pharmaceutical companies, and setting up payment plans for balances owed to the cancer center.
Q: What are the requirements to be eligible for Financial Assistance?
A: Most foundations, grants, and patient assistance funds use the Federal Poverty Level to assess qualifications for patient assistance. The chart below is commonly used to assess need and qualification for grant money. While there are some funds that are available to people who are outside of these guidelines, most will require that patients do not exceed the thresholds listed below.
Q: How do I apply for financial assistance?
A: If you think you meet the Income Eligibility Guidelines, you can contact our office to speak to our Patient Support Staff who can guide you to some of the grants or assistance programs that might benefit you based upon your diagnosis, income, and a few other factors. They can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 253-382-6300.
Q: What do I need to provide to be approved for financial assistance?
A: Most foundations and organizations will require several documents for verification. The most commonly required documents are:
- A copy of your tax return from the previous calendar year
- Two recent paystubs
- Bank account verification forms
- Signed affidavits of income sources for you and members of your immediate household
Q: How do I set up a payment plan for my balance at Salish Cancer Center?
A: If you have an outstanding balance with Salish Cancer Center and cannot pay the balance all at once or by the due date listed on your statement, we will be happy to set up a payment plan for you. Call our billing office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at 253-382-6300 and select option 4.
Q: Who do I call if I have questions about my bill from Salish Cancer Center?
A: Our billing office can be reached Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at 253-382-6300 and select option 4. Any one of our dedicated billing staff will be happy to assist you.
Those with Medicaid:
- Living in King County, hopelink is a free service. Please call 800-923-7433 AND provide providerone number if available
- Living in Pierce County, paratransit is a free service. Please call 1 (800) 925-5438 AND provide providerone number if available
American Cancer Society’s Road to Recovery at 1-800-227-2345 for ACTIVE treatment. Rides are NOT guaranteed
- Volunteer Chore at Catholic Community Services at Ph: (253) 502-2690
- Shuttle UP at (253) 564-1992
Private Pay Options:
- Around the sound at 253-858-7088
- Pegasus at 253-336-6444
- NW Transport at 800-600-9225
- A Blessing To Serve at (253) 307-7088
- Transpro, Inc at 253-476-8726
For those 50 miles away: https://mercymedical.org/request-assistance/
Learn more below at the variety of cancer support groups available to you. Click on the links to see if the locations are near you!
- All Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Caregiver Support
- Head and Nexck Cancer Support Group
- Therapeutic Online Writing Support Group
- Multiple Myelomea Cancer Support Group
- Kidney Cancer Support Group
- Knitting for Life Cancer Support Group
- Lung Cancer Support Group
- Melanoma Cancer Support Group
- Ovarian Cancer Support Group
- Post Treatment Support Group
- Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Thyroid Cancer Support Group
- Survivorship Cancer Support Group
- Young Adult Cancer Support Group