Volume 02 | December 2020
Can you believe it is already December? This year has been quite a journey. Treating and caring for cancer patients during a pandemic has been more than challenging. We are
here to help you provide the care your patients need. We are available to help your patients who have the following needs:
- Who needs to be seen quickly (*some cases within 1-2 days)
- Who needs a flu shot
- Who has a blood disorder
- Who wants a second opinion
- Who is looking for ways to manage their treatment pain
- Who is looking for an integrative approach to their care
- Who is looking for wellness recommendations for their survivorship
Our infusion bay is spacious and COVID-19 compliant. We currently offer social work support, chemotherapy education, nutritional guidance; we have an onsite pharmacy, and
virtual care services.
Salish Cancer Center provides evidence-based and personalized cancer treatments, including chemotherapy, targeted therapies, and immunotherapies.
Salish Cancer Center Leadership
Check out our Blog
Learn More About Lung Cancer
November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Our Clinic Blog post offers a breakdown of what your patients
need to know about Lung Cancer. According to the CDC in 2018, studies revealed that “Lung Cancer is
the Biggest Cancer Killer in both Men and Women.”
Visit the link for the breakdown of these facts. Facts About Lung Cancer
MSN, ARNP, AOCNP
Meet our Nurse Practitioner Shawna Smith. Shawna has been a nurse practitioner since 1999. Smith has worked 10 years in Oncology previously at Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, a subsidy of Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
Hours Clinic & Virtual Care:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am to 4 pm
Fridays: 8:30 am to 12 pm
Meet our Acupuncturist, CassieLowe. Cassie works with cancer patients because they suffer so much not just from the disease but from the conventional therapies. She has seen the benefits that cancer patients receive from acupuncture, it can be life-changing.
Tuesdays & Wednesdays 8:00 am to 4 pm
Fridays 8:00 am to 12 pm
Volume 01 | November 2020
- The Integrative Model of Salish Cancer Center combines Medical Oncology that delivers cancer treatment at par with national standards and follows guidelines with options to complement with naturopathic oncology as well as adjunctive support focused on reducing side effects of treatment (acupuncture, etc.).
- Urgent new patient appointments within two to three business days
- Confirmation calls to encourage patient compliance
- Large and quiet infusion suite holding 23 infusion bays
- Acceptance of most major insurances including Medicare and all Medicaid plans
- On-site supplement pharmacy
- Oncology-certified infusion staff
- On-site Social Work and psychosocial support for patients
The Integrative Oncology model offers a standard of care treatment for patients with cancer diagnoses. We see patients who are recently diagnosed, survivors of cancer, patients seeking second opinions, and patients who are seeking care that addresses more than their disease itself.
Meet Dr. Craig Peterson, NP, L.Ac., FABNO